1. Why (and to Whom) is King writing this letter?
2. Why does King believe non-violent direct action is necessary for the Civil Rights Movement?
3. How does King respond to the accusations that he and others in the movement are breaking the law through their actions?
4. On the fourth page of his letter, King responds to accusations that he and the movement are “extremist”. What is his response?
5. Twice in his letter, Martin Luther King, Jr. expresses his disappointment in what two groups of the white community? Why is he disappointed with them?