1) Locating Evidence
a. search for a recent (published within the last five years) evidence-based article from a scholarly journal that addresses one of the topic listed.
2) Include the following sections.
a. Introduction – 20 points/13%
• Clearly establishes the purpose of the paper
• Includes key points to be covered
• Captures the reader’s interest
b. Body of Paper – 60 points/40%
• Provides a complete, well-developed discussion of key points from the article using appropriate citations.
• Ideas and statements are supported by three or more examples from personal and/or professional experiences
• Provides own perspectives on the topic that is reflective, insightful, and original
• Logical development of ideas with clear and accurate information
c. Conclusion – 30 points/20%
• Clear and concise
• Summarizes key points discussed in the paper
• Leaves a strong impression, message, or idea on the reader
d. Writing Style – 15 point/10%
• Correct use of standard English grammar, paragraph, and sentence structure
• No spelling or typographical errors
• Organized around required components
• Information flows in a logical sequence that is easy for the reader to follow
• Paper should be no more than two pages (not including the title or reference page)
e. APA Format and Reference Page – 25 points/17%
• There is correct and appropriate use of margins, spacing, font, and headers.
• Document setup includes title and reference pages in correct APA format.
• Citations of sources included in the body of the paper use correct APA format for direct quotes and paraphrased information.
• Sources are cited correctly on the Reference page. All elements of each reference are included in the correct order.
• All information taken from the source, even if summarized, must be cited, and the article must be listed on the Reference page according to APA.
• All sources used are nursing journals published within the last five years