– Assigned Case Study is the California Wildfires involving Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E).
– The case study analysis should be 10 pages (excluding Title Abstract, and Reference pages) and double-spaced with 12-point font. References should be cited in the APA format.
– The link for the case study is
-please carefully follow the rubric and instructions, thank
Case Study Rubric
Case Studies are a useful learning tool used in crisis management education to give students a feel for the complexities of real crisis management and how the theories, models and research being studied can be used in practice.
Your assigned Case Study is the California Wildfires involving Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E).
Learning Objective: To diagnose what the problems or issues in the case are, and why they have occurred, to consider a variety of solutions; and to justify what you believe to be the best solution.
Steps in Analyzing Crisis Management Case Studies
1. Gain an overview of the cases
2. Establish what has happened (specify objectives)
3. Determine the causes
4. Develop possible solutions
5. Evaluate these solutions
6. Formulate recommendations (write up solutions)
Additional questions/points to consider:
Describe the Crisis Stages that occurred.
What were the causes of this crisis?
What were the common responses to this crisis?
Was there a Crisis Management Plan?
What were some of the harsh realities of this crisis situation?
What were the consequences of poor crisis management?
What are the results of ineffective response planning?
What constitutes an effective response plan?
Why is it important to have a crisis communications strategy?
Should an apology have been given here? By whom?
The case study analysis should be 10 pages (excluding Title Abstract, and Reference pages) and double-spaced with 12-point font. References should be cited in the APA format. Please follow the methodology provided in this document.