PEM6203 – Educational
Policies and Advisory Roles
(Semester May 2022)
Choose ONE scenario to complete the task that follows.
The Covid-19 pandemic showed beyond doubt the disparity in terms of the accessibility to
education. The were stems from households lacking computers and internet connections which
made students in rural regions have limited access to online classes contributing to a complete cut
off from learning.
The Covid-19 pandemic affected educators in terms of teaching and learning. E-learning was
introduced immediately as the alternative to reach students for teaching and learning activities,
leaving educators the stress of planning and executing unfamiliar teaching methods.
Online learning has been a new way for students to learn since the Covid-19 pandemic. However,
issues regarding recognition of the online courses by respective governments have been surfacing.
With reference to the issues in the scenarios above and as the official from the Education Ministry in
i. choose 3 existing policies of education in your region that you would like to change.
ii. recommend an alternative (new policy) for each to close the gap in the issues raised.
iii. Describe the implementation and challenges of the educational policies that you would
like to propose.
1. Write a critical academic essay. Support your explanation with evidence
from at least 5 research articles.
2. Provide pertinent examples which are related to you.
3. You should include the following elements in your essay:
i) Introduction (approximately 250 words)
• Briefly explain the significance of educational policy in your country.
• Explain the challenges that schools in your region faced during the pandemic.
ii) Body paragraphs (approximately 1000 words)
• In each body paragraph:
– States one existing policy that you would like to change.
– Provide an alternative (new policy)
– Describe the implementation of the policy
– Justify and argue the significance/reason(s) for the policy
– Predict the challenges and recommend the solutions
iii) Conclusion (Approximately 250 words)
• Provide personal advice to relevant parties in the education system in your
4. Refer to the marking rubrics for guidance.
• Font type: Times NewRoman
• Font Size: 12
• Spacing: 1.5 between lines; 2.0 between paragraphs
• Word limit:1500 words (Each part)
• Reference/In-text: Harvard Referencing
Due date: 19th June 2022 (Sunday)
Mark range Descriptors
• Critically explains about the implementation and challenges of educational
• Provides relevant strategiesto overcome the challenges.
• Numerous research evidence are included in the essay. Includes excellent
• Insightful and thorough analysis of the issues. Personal ideas are
triangulated well with research evidence, involves crosschecking multiple
data sources of information to ensure that the data are valid and free from
bias and to evaluate the extent to which all evidence converges.
• Excellent quality and well organised. All the subheadings are clear and
concise. Good writing skills with minimal amount of mistakes with
grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Explains about the implementation and challenges of educational policies very
well. Provides strategies which are somehow good to overcome challenges.
• Numerous research evidences are included in the essay. Includes good personal
• Thorough analysis of some of the issues. There is clear and comprehensible
research evidence to show analysis to a definite extend. Analysis could be biased.
• Good quality and well organised. Majority of the subheadings are clear and
concise. Good level of writing skills with obvious amount of mistakes with
grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Explains about education policies with minimal information or evidence on the
implementation and challenges. Includes minimal personal reflections.
• Superficial analysis of some of the issues in the case. Major part of the analysis
is not addressed in the essay. Minimal research evidence to analyse the issue is
included in the essay.
• Moderate quality and well organised. Majority of the subheadings are not clear
and concise. Moderate level of writing skills with many mistakes with grammar,
spelling and punctuation.
• Explains about educational policies with very little to no evidence on the
implementation and challenges. Includes very little to no minimal personal
reflections. There is no analysis of issue.
• Poor quality and lack of organisation. The subheadings are not clear and too
lengthy. Poor writing skills with major mistakes with grammar, sp
Sample Education Assignment on PEM6203 – Educational Policies and Advisory Roles